These crunchy shortbreads are absolutely delicious. You may even sprinkle a bit if cumin seeds or aniseeds to vary the flavour or simply add a pinch of Espelette chili to spice it up.
Virginie's seeds crackers
9 November 2020
: Serves 8 to 10
: 15 min
: 35 min
: 1 hr 50 min
The dough should have entirely dried out when the baking part is over. If it is not the case turn them over and bake a little longer.
- 50g flax seeds
- 150g of a mix of pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds
- 4 to 5 TBS of your choice of seeds to sprinkle over the top
- 50g water or a bit more
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 pinches of your choice of spices
- Step 1 Grind the 200g of seeds to powder. Add the water and mix thoroughly. Form a ball with the dough and store one hour at room temperature.
- Step 2 Pre-heat your oven to 150° and spread the preparation on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Cover with another wax paper sheet and flatten the dough with a rolling pin. Sprinkle the seeds on top and press to set the seeds deeply into the dough. Pre-cut the crackers, place them on one of the wax paper sheets and bake for 25 minutes. If necessary, flip them over and keep baking a few more minutes to make sure they come out dry.