These crunchy shortbreads are absolutely delicious. You may even sprinkle a bit if cumin seeds or aniseeds to vary the flavour or simply add a pinch of Espelette chili to spice it up.
Virginie's seeds crackers
The dough should have entirely dried out when the baking part is over. If it is not the case turn them over and bake a little longer.
- 50g flax seeds
- 150g of a mix of pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds
- 4 to 5 TBS of your choice of seeds to sprinkle over the top
- 50g water or a bit more
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 pinches of your choice of spices
- Step 1 Grind the 200g of seeds to powder. Add the water and mix thoroughly. Form a ball with the dough and store one hour at room temperature.
- Step 2 Pre-heat your oven to 150° and spread the preparation on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Cover with another wax paper sheet and flatten the dough with a rolling pin. Sprinkle the seeds on top and press to set the seeds deeply into the dough. Pre-cut the crackers, place them on one of the wax paper sheets and bake for 25 minutes. If necessary, flip them over and keep baking a few more minutes to make sure they come out dry.