It requires only few ingredients and it’s delicious!
Roasted Asparagus with almonds and capers
- 600 gr asparagus trimmed
- 10 gr + 20 gr olive oil
- 20 gr butter
- 20 gr flaked almonds
- 30 gr regular capers
- 10 gr dill roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Mix the asparagus with half the olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange on a large parchment-lined backing tray, space well apart, and roast for 8 to 15 minutes until the vegetable is soft and not too brown. Set aside in a nice serving plate.
- Step 2 Put the butter into a small pan and place on a low heat. Once melted, add the almonds and fry 2 minutes, stirring often. The almonds must be golden-brown. Pour them over the asparagus.
- Step 3 Add the rest of the olive oil to the pan with the capers and fry for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously, until they have opened up and become crisp.
- Step 4 Remove the capers from the oil and drain on paper. Sprinkle over the asparagus along with the dill. Eat warm.