This salad is inspired by a recipe found on a Cuisine et Vins de France magazine. Thank you, Frédérique, for pointing out this lovely recipe: I loved it.
QUINOA AND CAULIFLOWER NUTTY SALAD
This salad is very easy to prepare. If you can, remember to soak the hazelnuts in water at room temperature the day before.
- 1 cauliflower not exceeding 500g
- 150g quinoa
- 180g cooked chestnuts
- 120g slivered almonds
- 120g roughly crushed hazelnuts
- 100g raisins
- 1 handful of a mix of parsley and chive fresh leaves
- 6 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS cider vinegar
- 2 TBS mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 Rinse the quinoa seeds until the water comes out clear and boil in twice its volume of salted water for 12 to 15 minutes. The seeds have then become clear and the white sprouts surround the seeds. Drain the hot water and run cold water through it.
- Step 2 Rinse the cauliflower, slice it as thinly as possible. Thinly slice the chestnuts too and mix with the cauliflower and quinoa. In a frying pan, without any oil, roast the almonds and the hazelnuts for 3 minutes. Chop the fresh herbs, soak the raisins in warm water for 5 minutes and drain. Add the nuts and raisins to the preparation. Make the vinaigrette by mixing the mustard with the vinegar and add the oil, then salt and pepper.
- Step 3 When ready to serve, mix all the ingredients at room temperature with the vinaigrette, set in an elegant salad bowl or serve in individual salad bowls.