I highly recommend this tapenade recipe. Making it is actually pretty easy. You just need a blender and to wait a few hours…You can also try her excellent peas soup and her veal sauté .
Maryse's French Tapenade
24 May 2020
: 30 people
: 15 min
: 12 hr 15 min
To be prepared at least 12 hours ahead
- 2 cans of green or black pitted olives
- 1 shallot
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 very small can of tuna in water
- 1 small can of anchovies in olive oil
- pepper from the mill
- 2 garlic cloves
- a few chive stems
- a dash of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of Espelette chili (optional)
- a blender or Thermomix
- Step 1 Drain the olives, peel the shallot, the garlic and rinse the basil leaves. Put in a blender or in a Thermomix.
- Step 2 Drain the anchovies and the tuna, add to the preparation and mix again. Add the peppers. Mix again and add a dash of olive oil mix and store in a nice serving bowl in the refrigerator at least 12 hours.
- Step 3 Serve with carrot and cucumber sticks, thin toasts as well.