A feel good soup! You have to try.
Maryse's Green Pea Vichyssoise with Mint Infusion
You need several hours for the mint soaking time...This soup is a killer!
- 1 onion
- 350 gr frozen green peas
- 2 broth (vegetable or poultry) cubes
- 1 liter of water
- 2 TBS of chives
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 organic lime zest
- salt, ground pepper
- 5 to 6 fresh mint stems
- 2 portions of Vache qui Rit (cream cheese)
- a few pink peppercorn seeds and mint leaves for decoration
- Step 1 Mince the onion and fry it in a pan. Add the green peas and one liter of boiling water. Add salt and pepper, the poultry cubes the chives and let it boil 10 to 15 minutes. Once cooked, mix with an electric mixer. Add the cream cheese, mix again let it cool down with the mint leaves in the preparation. Let the leaves soak a few hours before removing. When ready to warm up add the crushed garlic and the lime zest. Check seasoning by tasting.
- Step 2 Use the pink peppercorn and mint leaves for decoration.