A delicious festive and elegant homemade dish very easy to prepare.
easy smoked and fresh salmon spread
8 September 2020
: 6 people
: 10 min
: 3 min
: 1 hr
: very easy
Typically I serve this dish as an appetizer with crackers or small blinis.
- 200 gr smoked salmon cut in small pieces
- 200 gr fresh salmon in filets
- 150 gr cream cheese like Saint Morêt
- chives, chervil, dill or chopped basil
- 1 to 2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBS olive oil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Blanch the fresh salmon filets in hot salted and peppered water for 3 minutes. Drain and remove the grey parts and the bones.
- Step 2 Add half the smoked salmon cut in small pieces, the lemon juice and the olive oil. Mix briefly in the food processor or mince with a knife. Mix this preparation with the cream cheese, add the rest of the diced smoked salmon and season to your taste if necessary. Store in the refrigerator up to two days and serve with the fresh herbs of your choice. Personally I love it plain.
1 thought on “easy smoked and fresh salmon spread”
I tried Philadelphia cheese instead of Saint Moret, it is perfect too !