Very easy to prepare. For special events you can add some salmon roe on the top. Thanks Mapie for the translation
Refreshing Avocado Mousse & Smoked Salmon
For special events you can add some salmon roe on the top.
- 4 avocados
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- 10cl of heavy cream (1/2 cup)
- a piece of horse radish ou several pink radishes
- dill springs minced
- 1 lemon, salt, pepper, Tabasco
- Step 1 Take the flesh of the ripe avocados and mix it with the lemon juice, several (3 to 4) dill springs without stems, and the heavy cream and mix it with a blender. Add some salt, pepper, a little Tabasco and keep cool.
- Step 2 Then peel the horseradish (or radishes) and cut it into paper-thin slices. Put the slices in very cold water to soak for 15 minutes. You can use a vegetable peeler to obtain super thin slices.
- Step 3 Before serving, assemble the mousse in a verrine (small jar). Fill the verrine with the avocado mousse. Add 3 or 4 drained horseradish slices and the salmon on top. The salmon has been previously cut into small pieces with scissors. Put some dill leaves to decorate. It’s ready to eat or you can save it in the fridge up to half an hour before serving. Serve it with a mini spoon.