I’m not mistaken : there is no flour in this cake…
Michele's amazing chocolate cake
This cake is really moist and best baked the day before serving.
- 200 g dark chocolate (my favorite is Nestlé’s)
- 6 eggs
- 125 g salted butter
- 180 g sugar
- Step 1 Melt the chocolate with the butter in a double boiler and gently stir.Pre-heat oven to 180°.Thoroughly mix the sugar and the egg yolks until the preparation turns lighter and looks like an ointment.Beat the egg whites in a deep bowl until they become stiff.Gently add the beaten egg whites to the yolks/sugar preparation, stir by lifting the yolks/sugar preparation from the bottom and use your wrist for an efficient insertion of the ingredients. Then insert the melted chocolate. Mix it all delicately.
- Step 2 Pour the batter in a dish covered with baking paper or in individual silicon moulds. Bake 20 to 30 ‘ when in a pan or 10 to 20’ if in small cups.Let it cool off. It is what we call an « airy » cake so it is better when eaten a day later.
- Step 3 Beware of the delicious smell : you could be tempted to try it right away … Don’t hesitate to « hide it » !
- Step 4 This cake looks great when served upside down !