It’s time to try some new tastes…I love these world flavors.
28 September 2020
: For 6 people
: 15 min
: 20 min
: 2 hr 35 min
Marinating time : 2 hours This disk made without curry powder by Zita is delicious as well .
- 800 gr chicken breast
- 4 lemongrass sticks
- 3 ou 4 TBS crushed garlic
- 2 thinly chopped shallots
- 1 red chili pepper, seed free and thinly chopped
- 2 TBS fish sauce (Nuoc Mam)
- 2 TBS curry powder
- 2 TBS sugar + 3 more for the caramel
- 2 TBS Isio 4 oil or similar sunflower oil
- salt, pepper from the mill
- a few coriander leaves for decoration
- a wok
- Step 1 Marinate large chunks of chicken into the fish sauce, with the garlic and the 2 TBS sugar for two hours. In the meantime, start heating the 3 TBS of sugar with 2 TBS of water until it becomes a nice golden caramel. Remove from the stove and add about 4 extra TBS of water. Stir and set aside.
- Step 2 Cut the marinated chicken into smaller pieces, as well as the shallots and the chili pepper. Remove the outer leaves of the lemongrass sticks, and only use the curved white part. You may thinly slice or grate them as you prefer. Set aside.
- Step 3 After about two hours, heat the oil in a work or a frying pan. Add the lemongrass, the shallots and the minced chili pepper up to your taste, stir 3 to 5 minutes. Add the caramel, the chicken and then the curry powder. Stir fry for at least 10 minutes to 20 minutes if necessary until chicken is golden. Add salt and pepper up to you taste. Serve immediately with the chopped coriander.
- Step 4 This dish can be served with rice and/or broccoli. You may serve the lemongrass chicken on top of rucola salad. If you wish to have a little sauce, you may add 4 TBS of water in the wok, heat it up and stir to collect the cooking juices and the spices stuck to the pan sides. Mix with the meat before serving.
1 thought on “lemongrass chicken”
It can be served with everything from rice to rice noddles, salad, veggies and more !