These delicious bites are prepared in no time and will be served immediately.
homemade beef pita pockets
It is a recipe from my Canadian friend Christine. She lived a few years in Brazil and is a really good cook.
- 400g minced beef
- A large quantity of chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- 1 onion
- 100g pine nuts
- Juice of ½ a lemon or more
- 1 tomato
- 1 plain yogurt or more
- 4 pita breads
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A dash of olive oil
- Seasonings such as Provence herbs, oregano, Cayenne pepper ou chili pepper
- Step 1 Finely chop the onion and fry it with a bit of olive oil, add the meat and cook with the spices for a few minutes. (This 1st step can be prepared in advance and warmed up for the final preparation)
- Step 2 Add the chopped fresh herbs, the pine nuts, the lemon juice, and the yogurt. Add salt and pepper, and taste to check if it suits you. When it is cooked, add the tomato cut in tiny cubes.
- Step 3 Just before serving, lightly toast the pita breads, then cut them in halves and stuff them with the preparation. Up to a meal for 3 people using the toaster is convenient. However, if you have more guests, it will be better to use the oven to lightly toast the pita breads.