Yes, you did read correctly: when in season, the green peas are raw from your vegetable garden or fresh from the market, or when not in season use the frozen ones. One day, I forgot to add the bacon, another day my friend Bertille did not have any Mimolette, but still the salad was delicious.
Green pea salad
22 April 2021
: Serves 10
: 20 min
: 15 min
: 35 min
This salad not only looks good, but it is also appreciated by the young one as well their parents.
- 2 sucrines (tight small lettuce hearts) 500 g fresh or frozen green peas
- 200 ml of homemade mayonnaise, made with an egg yolk, 1 TBS mustard and 200 ml Isio 4 oil, salt and pepper
- 1 small, minced onion
- 1 TBS caster sugar
- 200 g small bacon chunks
- 6 eggs
- 200 g young Mimolette
- Salt and ground pepper
- Step 1 Rinse the sucrine lettuce, thoroughly drain the water out of them, and slice them in strips. Boil the eggs, 10 minutes after the boil point. Then, run cold water over them and wait until cold to peel so you won’t get burnt. In the meantime, fry the bacon chunks and prepare the mayonnaise. Thinly slice the onion and mix it with the peas preferably in a glass salad bowl.
- Step 2 Roughly mince the Mimolette and add it to the previous preparation. Once your eggs are peeled, cut them in pieces the size of a pea and add them to the salad. Mix it all.
- Step 3 Lastly, add the lettuce strips and the mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper.
1 thought on “Green pea salad”
If you can’t find mimolette, just use cheddar cheese. I like the cheese roughly minced but some prefer it to be cubed…Either way works.