The dish is great for lunch boxes, for picnics, buffets, on sandwich bread or just scooped onto lettuce.
Coronation chicken easy way
10 March 2021
: 8 to 10 people
: 15 min
: 10 min
: 2 hr 15 min
Only 15 minutes preparation if you use a roast chicken. Keep in the fridge 2 hours before serving.
- 500 g chicken breasts or 500 g roast chicken, skin removed
- 4 TBS mayonnaise
- 4 TBS premium mango chutney
- 4 TBS single cream
- 100 g grapes cut in half
- a handful raisins (100 g sultanas)
- 1 Granny-Smith apple peeled quartered, and sliced
- small handful fresh coriander chopped plus extra sprigs to serve
- 2 TBS flaked almonds (lightly toasted in a dry frying pan)
- 3 TBS Madras curry powder or Retour des Indes powder from Roellinger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- OPTION :
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Step 1 Poach the chicken breast in boiling salted water for 15 minutes until cooked. If you want you can use chicken stock instead. Remove the meat and cut it into bite-size pieces. Put into a large bowl.
- Step 2 Once it is cold, mix the mayonnaise, the single cream, the mango chutney, the powder, coriander, the handful raisins, grapes and apple. Season to taste (you can add garlic, lemon juice, honey) and ensure the meat is uniformly covered in the sunny sauce.
- Step 3 Keep it refrigerated for a couple of hours to let the flavors fully develop. Garnish with toasted almonds and chopped coriander before serving.