For 6 to 8 people. The deep red chicory leaves are great in this dish. If you find some don’t hesitate.
Caroline's Winter salad
There is very little effort involved and it's a last minute preparation. Flavor it as you like.
- 1/2 trevise lettuce
- 2 red endives or some chicory leaves
- 1 apple Jazz or sweet type
- 200 gr steamed chestnuts
- walnut vinegar
- walnut oil
- olive oil
- sea salt, pepper from the mill
- lemon (optional)
- Step 1 The red lettuce and the endives will have to be washed, drained and cut in pieces. Sauté the chestnuts with butter in frying pan. Peel and slice the apple at the last minute or sprinkle with lemon to avoid darkening. Put these ingredients in a salad bowl and mix.
- Step 2 Prepare the vinaigrette with the oils and seasonings to you taste. Pour it on the salad, mix and serve in individual bowls.
- Step 3 You may add walnuts bits, avocado, chives, croutons and/or cherry tomatoes.