This colorful selection of appetizers is a real treat for us all. They are easy to make and so tempting that no one will resist!
When it comes to amuses-bouche there is only one rule : keep it small!
- 40 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pitted black olives
- 12 pitted green olives
- ½ a cucumber cut in large slices
- 3 ham slices
- 1 slice of 1cm-thick Swiss cheese
- 2 leaves of crispy lettuce
- 1 chunk of feta cheese
- 2 ripe cantaloupes (charentais melons)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Herbes de Provence
- A dash of olive oil
- A tiny glass of Pineau or port wine
- Parsley leaves
- 1 toothpicks pack
- Step 1 Rinse the cherry tomatoes, lettuce, parsley, and pat dry. Cut the tomatoes in 2 and put them in a strainer along with the cucumber slices to drip.
- Step 2 Cut the cantaloupe in two, remove the seeds and use the kitchen accessory to shape small balls. Marinate the cantaloupe balls in the Pineau.
- Step 3 Cut the feta cheese into cubes. These should be large enough to make sure the cheese does not crumble when you insert the toothpick. Marinate with the Herbes de Provence, the ground pepper, and the oil. Cut the Swiss cheese into cubes as well.
- Step 4 With the ham sliced into medium-size strings, a bit of lettuce, parsley leaves and the olives sliced in two, start assembling on the toothpick as shown on the pictures. Some toothpicks will be lined with tomato, lettuce, and feta. Others will combine green olives, ham, Swiss cheese, and parsley. The toothpick with the marinated cantaloupe is a great refreshing idea and the final colorful option is a combination of black olives, tomato, feta cheese and the cucumber slice cut in two. Special thanks to another Chantal for sharing her finger-licking good and refreshing idea! You can also try her delicious chinese fried rice.