It’s is easy to prepare, really impressive and elegant as a starter.
smoked salmon and ricotta terrine
Take it out of the moulds just before serving.
- 500 g of ricotta cheese
- 2 gelatin sheets
- 200 g of thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 TBS of light cream
- 1 bunch of chopped fresh leaves
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- 1 lemon
- Step 1 Mix the ricotta cheese, the finely chopped smoked salmon and fresh herbs (chives and/or dill or basil). Add salt and pepper, and try for the taste to suit you.
- Step 2 Soften the gelatin sheets in cold water for a few minutes. Bring them out, dip them into the light cream and slowly warm up in a small pan. Stir regularly until the sheets are fully dissolved. Add to the ricotta / salmon preparation and mix well. Pour into a loaf tin or in single cupcake moulds and store in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Step 3 Just before serving, take it out of the moulds and decorate with lemon slices or any green leaf kept for the decoration.