The feta cheese and the Greek yogurt bring a nice fresh touch to this delicious zucchini bread recipe. This one is from my friend Marina. I am a fan of her cooking always healthy, inspiring, and so savoury.
savoury zucchini feta & mint cake
Leftovers will be delicious as well the following day.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 200g flour
- 1 pack of baker’s yeast
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 1 Greek yogurt
- 1 jar of Provence Herbs marinated feta (300g)
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 2 zucchinis cut in small cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1 Sauté the zucchini cubes in a pan with a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper. Pre-heat the oven to 180°.
- Step 2 Mix the beaten eggs with the flour, the yeast, the yogurt and the roughly drained feta cheese cubes. Rinse and tap dry the mint leaves. Add salt, pepper, the chopped mint leaves, and the zucchini. Check the seasoning and pour in a cake mould.
- Step 3 Bake for about 45 minutes, unmould, and wait a few minutes to cool down before slicing or cutting in cubes. Serve lukewarm or cold.