This works either as an impressive starter or as a lunch or light supper.
Rosetta's Fennel Ruccola & Parmesan Salad
25 June 2020
: 40 min
: 3 min
: 40 min
- 2 fennels
- 60 gr parmesan cheese thinly sliced
- a handful of pine nuts
- a handful of ruccola or watercress mix with ruccola (arugula in English)
- 1 serving of lemon juice
- 3 serving of olive oil
- salt & ground black pepper
- Step 1 Grill the pine nuts in a skillet a few minutes until golden.
- Step 2 Wash the fennel, remove the green, thick, and hard parts. Thinly slice the rest as shown in the photo underneath. Start mixing the sliced fennel with the oil and the lemon juice. By tasting it you will know whether you have enough seasoning or if you need to add some. Do this progressively. Place this salad in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes to enable the softening of the fennel.
- Step 3 Before serving, add the pine nuts, the ruccola and mix thoroughly. Add the parmesan cheese just before mixing one last time.