This colorful & energizing dish is inspired from a small recipe book I love : Cantine California by Jordan Feilders. I do want to thank him and his team; I was sincerely moved by their timely response and enthusiasm as we were communicating by mail. The cheeseburger recipe I posted on my blog was inspired by their recipe as well.
Quinoa Salad with Almond, Feta cheese & Pomegranate
11 October 2020
: for 6 people
: 25 min
: 15 min
: 40 min
This dish is VEGAN if you don't use feta cheese
- 40 gr of white quinoa
- 45 gr of roasted slivered almonds with a dash of olive oil
- 50 gr or more feta cheese
- a few slices of radish
- 1 pomegranate
- 1red onion
- 3 large handfuls of green leaves (mix of red lettuce, watercress, batavia lettuce, spinach leaves)
- 100 gr of bean sprouts
- 15 chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 TBS of olive oil
- 2 TBS of red wine vinegar
- the juice of one lime
- one pinch of Espelette chili pepper
- sea salt
- pepper from the mill
- Step 1 Boil the previously rinsed quinoa in twice its volume of water for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it stay in the water for an extra 5 minutes. Heat up a dash of olive oil in a skillet and roast the slivered almonds until they turn golden. Pay attention as this does not take much time at all. Peel the onion and dice it in very small cubes. Cut the pomegranate in 2 and keep the juice from the seeds apart. You may use the pomegranate juice with the juice of an orange for an energizing drink. Peel the cucumber, cut it in 2 lengthwise, remove the seeds in the center then thinly slice it. Place the mixed lettuce leaves in a wide dish (previously cut if you wish). Save some leaves for the next step. Place the cucumber bits onto the salad as well as half the slivered almonds, the beansprouts cut in two and a bit of chopped mint. Put the rest of the lettuce leaves in a salad bowl along with the cooled quinoa seeds and the remaining of the ingredients (onion, pomegranate, feta cheese, mint). Mix thoroughly, add salt, pepper and the Espelette pepper, mix again, and serve it on top of the green salad prepared earlier.
- Step 2 Place in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette in a bowl using the vinegar, the olive oil and the lime juice and season it to your taste. Serve this vinaigrette separately.
1 thought on “Quinoa Salad with Almond, Feta cheese & Pomegranate”
This salad may take a bit of prep, but it makes a great spectacle !