Easy to make, these irresistible crackers are ideal for your aperitifs and can be prepared in advance.
Parmesan and grain crackers
It is essential for the butter to be at room temperature, and for the dough to be stored in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Your oven has to be hot before baking.
- 60 g softened salty butter
- 70 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 40 g almond powder
- 20 g parmesan cheese
- 10 g brown sugar
- 2 g yeast
- 50 g of a pine nuts, cumin, poppy, sunflower, pumpkin, and sesame seeds mixture
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 Mix all the seeds together in a bowl, and set aside. You need to set aside an egg yolk ready to use as well.
- Step 2 Beat the rest of the eggs in a bowl. Add the flour, the almond powder, the brown sugar, the yeast, the parmesan and the softened butter, a little salt, and a good quantity of ground pepper. Mix with the tip of your fingers, it will be a bit sticky … but that’s normal.
- Step 3 Spread this dough in between 2 sheets of wax paper. It should be about 3 to 4 mm-thick. When this is done, remove the top wax paper sheet and brush the top of the dough with the egg yolk. Sprinkle with the seed mixture, and gently press the seeds in. Your dough is now ready! Place the sheet in your refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Step 4 A few minutes before baking, pre-heat the oven to 170°. Only when it has reached that temperature, place the dough in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Step 5 When it’s done, cut this savory shortbread into small pieces, be careful not to burn yourself, and serve immediately.