A very chic dessert you can prepare in advance.The total time for storing in the fridge is 5 hours minimum.
Double chocolate mousse my way
This delicious dessert can be made a day or two in advance!
- 1 dark chocolate bar (at least 52% cocoa) of around 180 g
- 6 eggs
- 1 white chocolate bar of around 200 g
- 200 ml of single cream if possible “crème fleurette”
- Step 1 Slowly melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Separate the egg yolks from the whites and place both in two separate bowls. Add a pinch of salt in the whites and beat them until they are very firm. Pour the melted chocolate over the egg yolks and stir thoroughly. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites into the chocolate/yolks mixture by lifting and mixing from the bottom up. Progressively insert all the egg whites making sure you don’t crush the egg whites’ bubbles. The preparation should be light and foamy.
- Step 2 Pour the dark chocolate mousse in the glasses. Don’t fill to the top as you need to leave some space for the white chocolate mousse. Store in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Step 3 Once the dark chocolate mousse is firm enough, it’s time for the single cream (crème fleurette) to be whipped until very firm. Put the whipped cream in a cool bowl. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. You have to be careful that the chocolate does not cook, as if it the case, you will have to discard it and start over this delicate part. So, use a wooden spoon to stir regularly on low heat to melt the white chocolate.
- Step 4 Pour the melted white chocolate into the whipped cream and mix well together. Then top up the dark chocolate mousse glasses with this yummy white preparation and store in the refrigerator for at least another two hours.