Full of flavors this bicolor soup is just beautiful and delicious. Although you can use any kind of squash here. Butternut works well, I tried!
creamed zucchini & pumpkin soup
You may add a few drops of truffle oil on top for special party dinners !
- 600 gr pumpkin peeled and cut in cubes
- 2 pinches of 4 spices mix
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 10 cl of light sour cream or a little bit of Saint More cheese (creme cheese type)
- 1/3 liter of milk, with salt and black pepper
- 200 gr zucchini
- 1/2 liter of vegetable or chicken broth
- fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- truffle oil (optional)
- Step 1 I use the Thermomix for this soup but you can simply use a blender, it works as well. Put the pumpkin cubes in the milk, cover and start cooking. Once tender, add the spices, salt and pepper, mix and set aside. Remove the extremities and slice the zucchini into large cuts. Rinse and separate the coriander leaves from the stems. Fry the zucchini with the olive oil for about 5 minutes then add the boiling water broth cube and let it cook 15 minutes. Mix in the Saint-Moret or cream cheese, add the chopped coriander and season to your taste.
- Step 2 When ready to have your meal start by serving the hot pumpkin soup in the plate and then place the cream of zucchini in the center.