This is Barbara’s very own special recipe for Christmas Toffee. Believe me: it’s a killer! This is perfect as a homemade treat. It was a nice and delicious experience to watch Barbara make this delicious candy.
Christmas Toffee Barbara's Way
9 December 2022
: 5 min
: 20 min
: 45 min
: This recipe is easy and quick to make but it needs a bit of experience: it could be a little tricky. So don’t give up if it’s not perfect the first time, it could take a couple of attempts before getting it right!
- 225 g salted butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 125 g chopped pecans
- 150 g chocolate of your choice
- Step 1 Roast your pecans at 180° for 10 to 15 minutes on a baking sheet. Take them out of the oven when they are slightly roasted. Set aside.
- Step 2 Prepare a clean baking sheet to spread your hot toffee mixture later.
- Step 3 Melt the butter in a thick pan while constantly stirring with a fork. Il you use a candy thermometer, the ideal temperature should be 148°. If not medium heat is perfect.
- Step 4 When the butter is fully melted, add the sugar while stirring. Slightly increase the temperature as soon as the mixture starts boiling. Keep stirring until it turns to a light amber colour. Be careful because it will turn brown very quickly. If too dark, it means that it’s burnt and your toffee will be bitter.
- Step 5 Pour the toffee on the clean baking sheet and spread it evenly with a spatula. When it’s done, put the chocolate pieces on top of it and let them sit until they soften for about one to two minutes. Use the spatula to spread the chocolate into a thin layer and finely sprinkle the nuts on top of it.
- Step 6 Cool down your toffee for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator, then brake into chunks and pieces and store in a tight container to keep away from humidity and heat.
1 thought on “Christmas Toffee Barbara’s way”
If the butter separated from sugar don’t blame the recipe, just try again😏. It’s the only hard part in the process. Once the sugar mixture has caramelized your are set !