Another good recipe from Sylvie. I highly recommend Sylvie’s Coronation Chicken recipe too!
26 October 2021
: 5 to 6
: 15 min
: 30 min
: 45 min
: Very easy
If you start preparing the sauce while cooking the pasta, you will be able to serve this delicious pasta dish only 30 minutes later.
- 1 hot or mild chorizo sausage
- 500 ml of seasoned canned tomato sauce
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 stems of basil leaves
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 500 g of conchiglie pasta or equivalent in size.
- Step 1 Remove the chorizo skin and cut it in small bits. Peel the onions, mince them, and crush the garlic cloves. Heat up some oil in a skillet and fry the onions and the garlic for about 3 minutes. Add the chorizo bits. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat stirring regularly. Once the chorizo is cooked, turn off the stove and add the tomato sauce, from the can or homemade. Cover. Cooking of the sauce will resume when ready to serve the pasta.
- Step 2 In a large pan, boil the water, add the salt and the pasta. Follow the cooking directions indicated on the package.
- Step 3 Drain, pour the pasta in a large dish and cover with the hot chorizo sauce. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately with some parmesan cheese as it gets cold very quickly.