CHILLED ZUCCHINI AND GINGER SOUP
4 June 2020
: 45 min
: 10 min
: 1 hr 15 min
You may suggest to add parmesan flakes and chopped chives.
- 900 gr zucchini
- 1 TBS coarse sea salt
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 3 small shallots
- 1/2 a bunch of spring green onions
- a 5 cm ginger root
- 1TBS sugar
- 1 l chicken broth
- 2 TBS light cream
- fresh pepper from the mill
- chives for decoration
- a food processor
- an air tight bag with ice cubes
- a garlic press
- a strainer
- Step 1 Wash the zucchinis and cut them in sticks. Mix them with the coarse sea salt in the strainer and set aside for at least 30 mins.
- Step 2 Peel and chop the shallots, thinly chop the spring onions, peel the ginger. Heat up the oil in a pan and gently fry the shallots and spring onions. Stir at all times to avoid the shallots and onions to turn golden. That should take about 5 minutes. Press the peeled ginger in the garlic press to get the juice out and pour in the pan. Set aside.
- Step 3 Rinse out the salt from the zucchinis and thoroughly press the water out of them. Add them to the pan with the sugar and warm it up. Heat up the chicken broth and when it boils, pour it into the pan. Turn off the gas stove.
- Step 4 Use a ladle to pour this entire preparation in your food processor and start mixing until you get a smooth soup. If your food processor is small, adapt the quantity to its size and repeat the steps.
- Step 5 Pour the whole preparation in a large soup dish in which you will have previously placed the bag full of ice cubes. When the soup has cooled off, you may add the cream. Store in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve.