Stylish, delicious, and festive do not necessarily mean expensive…No particular hardship for this beautiful recipe which tastes as good as it looks!
Beetroot and goat cheese millefeuille
Has to be set on each plate just before serving.
- 4 small cooked and peeled beetroots
- 180 g fresh goat cheese
- 1 shallot
- 10 cl wine vinegar
- 4 TBS liquid honey
- 1 TBS olive oil
- A few stems of chervil or other fresh herbs
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Step 1 Remove the two ends of each beetroot and cut 0,5 cm-wide slices from the centre part. Lay them flat in a dish, put salt and pepper. Sprinkle the vinegar over and store in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. In the meantime, peel the shallot, thinly chop it and add it to the olive oil and the goat cheese. Thoroughly mix it all together with a fork and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Step 2 When you are about to serve your meal, drain the beetroot, gently pat the slices dry with paper towel and start mounting the millefeuilles alternating the beetroot and the goat cheese mixture on three levels on each plate. Delicately pour the honey on each millefeuille, decorate with a little chervil and serve immediately.