The recipe isn’t as complicated as it sounds. It just requires getting started two days before serving. But, believe me, you won’t regret it!
Asparagus with blood oranges mousse & peanut vinaigrette
As you can see, this recipe needs to be prepared 2 days in advance.
- 1,5 kg of white asparagus
- 2 organic blood or juice oranges
- 2 dl of single cream
- 80 g of unsalted, crushed roasted peanuts,
- 2 TBS of Xères vinegar
- 6 TBS olive oil
- Chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 2 days before serving, cut the orange zests, and let them dry out in the air or even better in the sunrays.
- Step 2 On the very day you are serving your asparagus dish, prepare and cook the white asparagus (cf the GOOD TO KNOW section). Carefully drain the water out by placing the asparagus on a clean kitchen towel until cool.
- Step 3 Squeeze the oranges and heat-up to reduce the juice by half in a saucepan for about 10 minutes. Whip the single cream until smooth, add a pinch of salt and the orange juice when it is cool enough. Insert the dried zest you have previously crushed with your electric mixer and stir well. Store in the refrigerator until it is time for your meal.
- Step 4 Prepare the vinaigrette: mix the olive oil, the vinegar, the chopped chives, salt, and pepper and finally the roasted crushed peanuts. Whip thoroughly.
- Step 5 To serve, set the three items separately on the table, or prepare each plate individually: if you choose to do so, you need to coat the asparagus base with the orange mousse and the asparagus tip with the vinaigrette. You may use a bit of chopped chives and a pinch of zest to decorate.