This recipe was inspired from the 750gr website video on You Tube perfectly filmed and explained by the Chefs Damien and Christophe.
Armelle’s scallops carpaccio
It's not a 30 minutes cook time, it's 30 minutes freezing time!
- 8 to 12 fresh scallops
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 3 cl high quality olive oil
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 bunch of chives
- sea salt, pepper from the mill
- 4 mould circles or 4 very small plates
- thin blade knife
- Step 1 The roe and muscles should be entirely removed from the scallops as well as the sand. Your scallops will have to be totally clean and extra fresh. As you can see on the picture, I used a small plate but you may also use a small mould circle if you have any. This recipe needs to be prepared at the last minute and with help of 2 extra hands.
- Step 2 So 40 minutes before serving, place the clean and dried scallops in the freezer. That will enable you to slice them more easily and to serve them at the right temperature. While the scallops are in the freezer: rinse the chives, cut the pomegranate in 2 and collect a few nice seeds in a bowl. Wash the lime and cut the lemon so you get small pieces of pulp. Set aside. Get the plates ready by spreading a little sea salt and pepper on top of each.
- Step 3 When ready to serve, slice the scallops in thin slices – not too tiny – and place them on the plate in circles overlapping the slices. You may use your mould circle then.