This simple seafood salad means a lot to me : it brings me back to the time I lived in Nouméa, New Caledonia 25 years ago. I used to make this recipe very regularly but that was a long time ago and it took me time to put a hand on it; even my friend Anne could not remember the ingredients. Now I have it and I am happy to share it with you. My advice : keep track of your great recipes even when they are simple : make sure you have them somewhere you can find them 🙂
Anne's curry seafood salad
Based on a recipe from my friend Anne, I serve this dish as a light lunch. It's quick to make, full of flavor and really pretty on the plate.
- 18 shrimps or prawns
- a few small scallops or clams
- 5 chopped coriander stems
- 5 TBS sunfloxer oil
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS curry powder
- salt and pepper from the mill
- 1 green lettuce and one red leaf salad
- Step 1 Mix the oil and vinegar, curry powder, the salt and pepper in a salad bowl. Remove the shells from the shrimps. Wash out the sand from the clams if any, cook them quickly. Marinate clams and shrimps in the vinaigrette sauce and the chopped coriander for about 15 minutes.
- Step 2 In the meantime, delicately wash the lettuce, and drain carefully. Place the lettuce leaves in a large dish, not too deep, and when ready to serve, place the seafood evenly on the lettuce.