This is the perfect dessert for a celebration meal. As you will make the recipe the day before, it will give you plenty of time to concentrate on the rest of the menu.
Anne-Sophie's Nut Chocolate Success
- A round baking pan with clamps on the side to open or round single pans
- 125 gr powdered hazelnuts
- 125 gr powdered almonds
- 5 egg whites
- 200 gr salted butter
- 200 gr chocolate
- 200 gr sugar
- 100 gr caster sugar
- 10 cl sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBS bitter cocoa powder (optional)
- Step 1 Macaroons : Beat the 5 egg whites until stiff and add the 200 gr sugar, the powdered hazelnuts and almonds. Pre-heat the oven at 150° (thermostat 5). Butter the pans and pour this mixture. If you use the round single pans, place them on an oven baking sheet covered with wax paper. Fill the circles with a layer of this mixture no need to be thick.
- Step 2 Preparation for the chocolate mousse : Beat the 3 eggs yolks with half the sugar, then add the chocolate you have melted with the butter and the sour cream. Stir thoroughly. Beat the egg whites with the rest of the sugar and insert to the chocolate preparation. Stir delicately, and pour the chocolate mousse onto the macaroons once they are cold. Store in the refrigerator for 24 hours. You may sprinkle with the bitter cocoa powder just before serving.