This terrine’s taste is lovely and fresh. It is a great dish for vegetarian.
Zucchini and fresh herbs terrine
26 May 2020
: 8 people
: 10 min
: 1 hr
: 1 hr 30 min
: very easy
Small zucchinis are better for this dish. Bigger ones are filled with to much water.
- 10 small organic zucchinis
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 oignon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 pack of creamy goat cheese (Chavroux)
- 25 clos light sour cream
- 1 or 2 lemons
- 2 handfuls of fresh mint, coriander and basil leaves
- 1 small tomato
- Step 1 Preheat your oven at 180°.
- Step 2 Wash the zucchinis, cut them in small bits and mix with the chopped garlic and the onion. Remove as much as water as you can. Set aside in a bowl. Save a few leaves of fresh herbs for the sauce before mixing the rest along the 4 eggs, the creamy goat cheese and the light sour cream in the mixer. Add this preparation to the zucchini, set aside, mix, season with salt, pepper to your taste.
- Step 3 Pour in a cake dish and into a bain-marie (a larger pan filled with water to come up half way on the loaf pan).
- Step 4 Bake for one hour then set aside to cool. Remove the water if there is.
- Step 5 Place the terrine on a cake dish and serve warm or cold along with a sauce made of the rest of the chopped herbs, light cream, salt and pepper and tiny bits of the tomato. A good knife works well to slice the terrine.