For an elegant presentation, top with sunflower young leaves or any other ingredient baring the colour you wish to decorate your colourful spread. Special thanks to Chrystele who had me discover this delicious recipe created by the famous Yotam Ottolenghi.
zaatar beetroot & yogurt spread
- 450g of cooked and peeled beetroot
- 125g Greek yogurt
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- A few drops of tabasco sauce
- 2 to 3 TBS date syrup
- ½ TBS zaatar
- 1 to 2 TBS olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- A little bit of feta cheese
- A few sunflower young leaves
- Step 1 Insert in your food processor the beetroot along with the garlic, the tabasco and the yogurt and very finely chop the ingredients. Pour this preparation in a salad bowl and add the olive oil, the salt, the zaatar and the date syrup. Stir thoroughly.
- Step 2 This spread is at its best served at room temperature, but if you need to store it, place it in the refrigerator. When about to serve, choose an elegant bowl for a better presentation and top with feta cheese spread over. This dish may easily be stored in the refrigerator 48 hours.