It’s a lovely simple, and delicate fingerfood.
Smoked duck filet with radish skewers
The spiciness of the radish varies from mild to very strong, depending on the age and type. I prefer mild.
- a bunch of fresh radishes
- 2 TBS mixed crushed pepper
- 2 TBS honey
- 60 gr butter
- 2 TBS Xeres vinegar
- 15 smoked duck breast thin slices
- 2 lettuce leaves
- a few wooden short skewers
- Step 1 Remove the greens and rinse the radishes. Let them dry. Place the butter in the saucepan and start heating up. When the butter turns to foam, place the dried radishes in the saucepan, add the honey, the vinegar and let it cook 5 minutes. Add 5 cl of water, salt, pepper, cover and let it simmer 10 minutes. Then let it cool off and set aside in the refrigerator. Drain the radishes when you are ready to prepare the little skewers.
- Step 2 Making of the skewers : insert a radish onto the skewer, add a piece of lettuce and end with a slice of smoked duck breast. You may change the order of the ingredients on the skewer as you wish.