This recipe can be quickly prepared at the last minute if you get help of another person. The leftover you have kept in the refrigerator may be eaten within 12 hours with Japanese rice.
Severine's marinated taw tuna
This recipe can be quickly prepared at the last minute if you get the help of another person. Only roll the tuna cubes you will actually eat in the sesame seeds as they are best when eaten super chilled. You may eat the leftover tuna you have kept in the refrigerator within 12 hour with japanese rice.
- 3 nice fresh red tuna steaks about 2 cm thick (around one kg)
- 5 cl of lime juice
- 5 cl of soy sauce
- 15 cl of sesame oil
- 7 cl of olive oil
- fresh coriander (15 leaves or more)
- pepper from the mill
- 10 gr (or more) of fresh grated ginger root
- blond and/or black sesame seeds
- wasabi flavored sesame seeds (if you find any)
- Step 1 First you need to prepare the marinade. Mix the lime juice with the soy sauce, sesame oil, the olive oil and the pepper in a salad bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2 Cut the tuna into cubes put them in a dish and mix the fresh ginger to it. Rinse the coriander leaves, chop them and add them to the tuna. Mix delicately add this tuna preparation to the marinade and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to roll the tuna cubes in the sesame seeds. Serve chilled as an appetizer.
- Step 3 If you wish to use the recipe as a main dish, no need to roll the tuna in the sesame seeds. Just sprinkle the seeds on the tuna when ready to serve. Japanese rice you have previously seasoned with rice vinegar and sesame oil will be great as a side dish. Always serve the sauce on the side.