This rich and creamy soup is ideal to face the winter weather and replenish with plenty vitamins.
My pumpkin soup
3 February 2022
: 4 to 6
: 30 min
: 35 min
: 1 hr 5 min
Top up with chopped chives and coarse ground pepper for decoration
- 800 g squash cut in cubes with or without skin
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 leek
- 2 small potatoes
- 50 g butter
- 50 cl low-fat milk
- 50 cl water or vegetable broth
- 10 cl light single cream
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 Peel the squash, remove the seeds, and cut in large cubes. Peel and mince the onion, wash and slice the leek.
- Step 2 Heat up the butter in a thick bottom pan and fry the onion and the leek for about 5 minutes until golden
- Step 3 Add the squash, stir, slowly pour the milk and the broth until the vegetables are covered. Add water if necessary. Peel the potatoes, cut them in small cubes and add to the preparation. Add salt and pepper and cook on medium heat for 25 minutes without any lid.
- Step 4 Mix the preparation. Your soup should be smooth and creamy. Check if the seasoning is to your taste, and when ready to serve, add the cream to the very hot soup and give it a quick and single stir. If you don’t have any chives at hand, you may decorate with sunflower seeds, with croutons, or any other seasoning you like.
1 thought on “My pumpkin soup”
This soup can be made days in advance if kept in the fridge !