This salad was created the day two of my friends brought their salads for lunch: this delicious, refreshing and creative salad is a mix of both! Thanks Catherine and Chrystele!
My cauliflower, avocado, pomegranate & quinoa salad
26 May 2020
: 25 min
: 20 min
: 45 min
: very easy
This is a great vegan crispy cauliflower salad with quinoa recipe. Very simple to prepare.
- 300g quinoa
- 4 to 5 avocados
- 2 pomegranates
- 125g pecan nuts
- ½ a small raw cauliflower
- 3 large handful of a combination of various leaves (such as spinach, cress and rocket)
- 15 mint chopped leaves
- A bunch of chopped chives
- A bunch of chopped coriander
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 20g or more of a variety of seeds (such as sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- Fresh squeezed juice of ½ lemon or more
- Sea salt
- Pepper from the mill
- Step 1 Rinse and boil the quinoa as indicated on the package and let it cool off.
- Step 2 Heat up a saucepan and roast the seeds until light golden. This only takes a few seconds. Keep an eye on it!
- Step 3 Split open the pomegranate, extract the seeds only and set them aside. Keep the juice as you can make a delicious power drink by mixing it with fresh squeezed orange.
- Step 4 Cover your salad bowl with the selection of fresh leaves, add the diced avocado, the slightly crushed pecan nuts, the fresh herbs, the raw cauliflower, all the seeds, and the pomegranate. Mix it all, add salt and pepper, then the olive oil and the lemon juice. Season to your taste, mix again and serve.