This recipe is another version of my Mint and Goat Cheese Pie. With its minty flavor with the vegies, it’s a pleasant summer meal in its own.
Mint & goat cheese tart with vegetables
Set the vegetables aside in a strainer for about 20 minutes before putting them on the dough to release the watery juice.
For the dough which can be prepared in advance:
-50g non-fat creamed cottage cheese
-60g salted butter
For the batter:
-25cl light sour cream
-About 25cl milk
-Mint leaves 2 to 3 stems
-Goat cheese (about 6 Chèvretine slices)
-Salt and freshly ground pepper
-4 to 5 eggs
-A dash of powdered nutmeg (optional)
-1 red onion
- Step 1 Fry the chopped red onion in a mixture of oil and butter, along with the thinly sliced shallot as well as the zucchinis cut in small cubes. Allow some time to cool down and drain the watery juice from this preparation.
- Step 2 Prepare the dough by mixing the softened butter, the cottage cheese and the flour. Set aside in a ball shape.
- Step 3 Preheat the oven to 200°. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, the cream, the milk, the salt and pepper, and the nutmeg if you decide to use some. Give it a good whisk for the ingredients to evenly blend in. Chop the fresh mint leaves and add them to the preparation.
- Step 4 Spread the dough on the baking tin, place all the vegetables on top before inserting the batter, and the goat cheese slices. Bake for 35 minutes at 200°
- Step 5 When done, give the pie a good 10 minutes to cool off before unmolding. Serve hot, warm or even cold. Warming it up in the oven for a few minutes if you have left overs works too.