The key to this great salad is the sauce.
grapefruit seafood and greens salad
24 June 2020
: 4 to 6
: 15 min
: 15 min
: very easy
You may swap the prawns for 3 slices of smocked salmon cut in strips. you may even add salmon roe for special occasions.
- a mix of greens (lettuce, romain, watercress)
- 2 large pink grapefruits
- 2 white onions very thinly sliced
- 12 cooked and skinned prawns, smocked salmon or gravlax
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS mustard
- juice of a lemon
- 300 gr non-fat whipped cottage cheese
- 1 TBS or more powdered cumin
- a pinch of paprika for decoration
- salt, pepper from pepper mil
- light sour cream
- 1 or 2 avocados
- Step 1 Start by mixing the oil with the lemon, the custard, salt, pepper and the cumin. Set aside. Clean the lettuce and other greens and use a salad spinner. Place these leaves in an elegant dish. Thinly slice the onions, skin the prawns and add those to the green salad. Peel the grapefruits – outer and inner skins. Cut them into dice and add them to the salad. Place in the refrigerator until it is time to serve.
- Step 2 Just before serving slice the avocados and spray some of the lemon juice so they don’t turn black. Then add the whipped cottage cheese with the light sour cream (making the sauce more liquid thus easier to use) into the vinaigrette, mix well and pour over the salad. Use a pinch of paprika and chives if you wish for decoration.