Very tasty and really delicious. Enjoy it warm or cold.
Denise's Savory Cake (Thanks to Mary for the recipe)
18 May 2020
: For a regular size cake baking pan
: 15 min
: 45 min
: 1 hr
Enjoy it warm or cold. This cake may be stored in the refrigerator 36 hours.
- 150 gr flour
- 3 eggs beaten (as an omelet)
- 150 gr garlic sausage
- 1 handful of pitted black and green olives
- 150 gr bacon
- 1 expresso-cup size of oil (60ml)
- 15 gr of baking powder ( or a pack of yeast)
- 200 gr grated swiss cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- 1/2 expresso-cup size of milk
- 1/2 expresso-cup size of white wine
- black pepper (pepermill), salt if needed (taste before)
- Step 1 Pre-heat your oven 225° (7 to 8/ or hight).
- Step 2 Mix the flour, the beaten eggs, milk, white wine, oil, baking powder, the swiss cheese and the garlic sausage cut in small cubes.
- Step 3 Sizzle the bacon in a pan a few minutes. Cut it in small pieces and add it to the preparation. Stir thoroughly, add the pepper, drained olives, and taste to see if salt needs to be added.
- Step 4 Pour the preparation in the cake baking pan, bake at 225° for about 7 minutes then lower the temperature to 175° (6 medium hight) and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the baking pan from the oven, let it cool down before unfolding. Wait a little before slicing it. It will be easier.