Very tasty and really delicious. Enjoy it warm or cold.
Denise's Savory Cake (Thanks to Mary for the recipe)
Enjoy it warm or cold. This cake may be stored in the refrigerator 36 hours.
- 150 gr flour
- 3 eggs beaten (as an omelet)
- 150 gr garlic sausage
- 1 handful of pitted black and green olives
- 150 gr bacon
- 1 expresso-cup size of oil (60ml)
- 15 gr of baking powder ( or a pack of yeast)
- 200 gr grated swiss cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- 1/2 expresso-cup size of milk
- 1/2 expresso-cup size of white wine
- black pepper (pepermill), salt if needed (taste before)
- Step 1 Pre-heat your oven 225° (7 to 8/ or hight).
- Step 2 Mix the flour, the beaten eggs, milk, white wine, oil, baking powder, the swiss cheese and the garlic sausage cut in small cubes.
- Step 3 Sizzle the bacon in a pan a few minutes. Cut it in small pieces and add it to the preparation. Stir thoroughly, add the pepper, drained olives, and taste to see if salt needs to be added.
- Step 4 Pour the preparation in the cake baking pan, bake at 225° for about 7 minutes then lower the temperature to 175° (6 medium hight) and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the baking pan from the oven, let it cool down before unfolding. Wait a little before slicing it. It will be easier.