This soup can be made days in advance if kept in the fridge.
If you have a dinner party : You may add small unshelled prawns or shrimps or sauteed small scallops.
creamy sweet potato soup
This soup can easily be stored in the refrigerator a few days.
- 500 g sweet potato
- 1 mid-size onion
- 4 scallions
- 2 cm of fresh ginger root
- 1 dl coconut oil
- 5 dl boiling water
- 1 TBS mild curry powder
- 1/2 TBS spicy curry powder (if you like it spicy)
- Some sour cream, olive oil and a little butter
- 3 stems parsley
- 8 stems coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1 Peel and cut the sweet potatoes in large cubes. Chop the scallions and the coriander and set aside. Chop the parsley and the onion as well and start frying them both with oil and butter in a pot. Add the sweet potato cubes and the ginger root you have previously peeled and crushed. Mix and add the curry, half the chopped scallions and coriander you had set aside, the coconut milk, salt and pepper and 5dl of boiling water. Cover and let it cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Step 2 When the sweet potatoes are done, let the soup cool down a bit and mix with your blender or a Thermomix. The soup is now done and can easily be stored in the refrigerator a few days. When you are about to serve, heat up the soup on low heat in a pot with the lid on. Stir regularly. You may add a bit of sour cream or hot water if you think it’s too thick.
- Step 3 At the last minute, add the remaining of the chopped scallions and coriander.
- Step 4 Check if the seasoning is to your taste and serve hot.