I usually serve this beef tataki dish with grilled mushrooms and zucchini, Japanese rice or a green salad.
Beef tataki my way
Marinating time : nearly 24h
- 600 gr beef for fondue or aiguillette
- 7 cl mirin
- 7 cl teriyaki sauce
- 7 cl soya sauce
- 1 ou 2 avocados
- one lime or lemon zest
- a handful of fresh coriander
- 2 cm of ginger roots
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- Isio 4 or another sunflower oil
- pepper from peppermill
- Step 1 Thinly chop the spring onions and heat the oil up in a frying pan. Quickly fry the beef on all sides.
- Step 2 Then place it in a deep serving dish, add the chopped onions, the sauces, the miring, pepper and the lemon zest. Cover and let it marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator. Turn it over from time to time.
- Step 3 Before serving, drain and thinly slice the meat. Start heating the marinade and stir for 3 to 4 minutes until it gets a little thicker. You will use this sauce on the side. Place the sliced meat on a serving dish. Add the chopped coriander, the sliced avocado and serve with the warm or cold sauce on the side.