A light and high in vitamins starter to prepare at the last minute. You will need a blender.
Avocado and baby spinach velouté
Make sure to use ripe and quality avocados for this recipe.
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 2 dashes of sesame oil
- 300 ml chilled water
- 1 dash of tamari or soya sauce
- 3 to 4 TBS lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A pinch of chili
CHOICE OF ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS
Smoked salmon and sesame seeds
Goat cheese bits
A dash of Greek yogurt
A few chopped basil leaves
- Step 1 Run water through the baby spinach leaves to rinse and drain. Peel the garlic clove and remove the germ if any. Cut the avocado in 2, discard the core and collect the flesh with a tablespoon. Squeeze ½ a lemon to extract the juice.
- Step 2 In a blender, put the baby spinach, the avocado, the garlic, the lemon juice, the tamari, both oils and the water. Mix. Add water to adjust the thickness to your liking and season to your taste. Mix again. Taste and add a dash lemon juice if necessary. Serve in individual bowls and top with a bit of chili powder. It’s ready.
- Step 3 Select an additional topping if you wish and enjoy this colourful and savoury velouté.