A very yummy velvety sponge cake. Ideal for teatime, a snack or dessert. Moisten with orange juice is great too.
29 May 2020
: 6 to 10 people
: 15 min
: 30 min
: 45 min
A simple cake but so irresistible!
- 6 to 8 juicy organic oranges
- 230 g butter
- 230 g flour
- 230 g sugar
- 2 TBS yeast
- 4 eggs
- 90 to 180 g icing sugar
- Step 1 Finely grate two oranges to get the zest. Then squeeze both oranges.
- Step 2 Pre-heat the oven to 200° (therm 6 -7 is good)
- Step 3 Soften the butter by thoroughly stirring in a large bowl, then little by little fold in the sugar, the eggs one by one. Keep stirring the dough. Then add the flour previously mixed with the yeast, and finally add the orange juice and the grated zest.
- Step 4 Bake for about 30’. When it’s done, the knife blade should come out clean. When baked, let the cake cool down before delicately unmoulding on a rack or on a large dish.
- Step 5 Squeeze the rest of the oranges, mix the juice with the icing sugar, and pour this sauce on the cake to evenly moisten it. Collect the juice and pour over the cake the same way until the entire sauce has blended in. When this is done, adjust your serving dish on top and quickly flip over. It’s ready! You may serve warm or cold.
1 thought on “orange sponge cake”
It’s a very famous recipe at home ! We love this cake.