Easier than you think and really delicious! Many thanks Nicole for your recipe.
Nicole's Smoked Salmon Roll
5 June 2020
: 30 min
: 30 min
: 1 hr
: quite easy
Very tasty and impressive!
- 1/4 l water (250ml)
- 125 gr flour
- 100 gr butter
- 4 eggs
- 250 gr firm cottage cheese
- lemon juice
- fresh herbs thinly chopped (dill, basil or chives)
- around 300 gr sliced smoked salmon
- Step 1 PREPARE THE PUFF PASTY Bring the water to a boil with the salt and pepper. Add the butter, then flour and stir -on the stove- until the dough is dry. Away from stove, add eggs one by one. This preparation shouldn’t take more than 5 to 10 minutes.
- Step 2 Pre-heat oven to 6-7 (200°). In the meantime, spread the dough onto a baking sheet the final size should be rectangle of about 40 on 30 cm minimum. Bake 20 minutes, take out of the oven and let it cool down.
- Step 3 PREPARE THE COTTAGE CHEESE FILLING AND MAKING OF THE ROLL ITSELF Beat the cottage cheese to obtain a smooth texture, add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and chopped chives. You may also add dill or basil. Store in the refrigerator. Once the baked dough has cooled down, place it on an aluminium sheet. Spread the filling over the entire dough and cover with the smoked salmon slices. Then, gently roll the whole cake into a log. Roll up the log in the aluminium foil and place it in the refrigerator.
- Step 4 This Smoked Salmon Roll will be easily kept in the refrigerator. Just slice it before serving and present it with pieces of lemon on the side.