Did you know Tiramisu means “lift me up”? This dessert is my favorite. I have made it at home for years. But there are many different Tiramisu recipes, each with their own process and ingredients. Don’t hesitate to try some others. It will always be good!
Once I soaked boudoir-biscuits in milk instead of the expresso mixture. It was also good.
chill time : 3 hours.
- 1 box of boudoir-biscuits ( ladyfingers)
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 3 eggs extra frais
- 5 to 6 TBS ( de 90 to 110 gr)
- 1 cup expresso or more
- 1 TBS cacao powder (Van Houten if your have)
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar (optional)
- Step 1 Separate your eggs putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another. Beat egg yolks and sugars until all the sugar has dissolved and the yolks are pale and fluffy. Add mascarpone to the mixture and beat with electric mixer until smooth. Set aside. Prepare a cup of strong coffee or expresso . Let it cool.
- Step 2 Clean and dry your whisk. Whisks and beat the whites with the mixer and a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks. They should hold their shape when you lift the beaters from the bowl. Using a large spoon, add both mixtures and gently fold them in.
- Step 3 In a nice glass baking dish, arrange some of the boudoir-biscuits in single layer. Soak all of them quickly in the expresso mixture before. Spread a layer of cream on top, add another layer of boudoir-biscuits, another layer of cream and so on. Finish with a last layer of cream and store it in the refrigerator for 3 hours or more.
- Step 4 Just before serving sprinkle with chocolate cocoa powder.