Cooking for a perfect apple tart? Try my recipe😃
My apple tart
5 October 2020
: for 8 people
: 40 min
: 40 min
You may simple serve it plain or with a vanilla ice cream.
- Your homemade sugar crust pastry dough made with 250 gr flour with yeast, 125 gr salted butter, one egg, 2 TBS milk and 80 gr fine caster sugar.
- 6 à 8 boskoop apples or a mix of other sour-types apples
- More or less 20 gr butter in small chunks
- 50 to 80 gr brown sugar
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar (20 gr fine sugar)
- Step 1 To make your own dough, beat the egg with the sugar and the milk. Mix the small pieces of the softened butter with the flour in a bow, add the egg, milk and sugar mixture, knead thoroughly to make a ball of this sugar crust pastry dough. Keep it in a cool place while you peel the apples. Then spread the dough with the tip of your fingers on the pan covered with wax paper. Cut the fruit into 3 mn-thick slices. Sprinkle a few drops of the juice of a lemon so the fruits don’t turn brown. You can freeze the peelings if you plan on making preserves. If I have a jar, I spread pear and quince jam on the dough. Otherwise I just cover it with one layer of apple slices. Then place all the slices next to one another quite tightly. Start by placing the slices in a circle along the rim. Pre-heat oven to 200°. Once all the slices are in place, put the butter pieces over the tart and sprinkle the caster sugar and the vanilla sugar on the apples. Delicately put the tart in the heated oven. Keep an eye on it while it bakes. it should take about 30 minutes. You can eat this tart warm or cold. You may simple serve it plain or with vanilla ice cream. With a cup of tea, it will be perfect too!