Traditionally served with venison, meat, or grilled fish, this chutney is also excellent with shrimp, lamb, or chicken curries.
This chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for 15 days.
- 3 mangoes
- 30 g ginger roots
- 10 cl wine vinegar
- 180 g of brown sugar
- ½ tsp chili paste
- 1 pinch of nutmeg powder
- 4 dried figs
- 50 g raisins
- 1 handful of slivered almonds
- 2 slices of canned pineapple (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 Cut the mango and pineapple pulp into small dice. Peel the ginger root and grate it. Warm up the vinegar with the sugar in a pan for about 3 minutes on medium high. Stir regularly. Add the mango (and the pineapple bits) and keep cooking for another 5 minutes. Stir. Add the chili, the ginger, the nutmeg, salt, and pepper and cook for an extra 15 minutes.
- Step 2 In the meantime, cut the figs into small bits, add to the preparation along with the raisins and the almonds. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes. Make sure the preparation does not burn by stirring regularly.