Light and delicious, this savoury pie can be served warm or cold.
goat cheese and fresh mint pie
28 September 2020
: served 4 to 5
: 20 min
: 20 min
: 50 min
The dough can be prepared ahead of time
- THE DOUGH :
- 50g non-fat whipped cottage cheese (Fromage Blanc)
- 60g salted butter
- 120g four
- BATTER (filling):
- 25cl of single cream
- 25cl of milk (more or less)
- Mints leaves from 6 to 7 stems
- Fresh goat cheese (about 6 slices from a log)
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- 4 to 5 eggs
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- 50 to 100g of grated swiss cheese
- Step 1 Prepare the dough by mixing the softened butter with the whipped cottage cheese and the flour. Make a ball and place in the refrigerator. Pre-heat the oven to 200°. In a large bowl, mix the beaten eggs, the cream, the milk and the salt and pepper with a pinch of nutmeg. Mix until you get a foamy liquid texture. Chop the mint leaves and add them to the batter. Cover the pie tin with wax paper. With the tips of your fingers, spread the dough evenly on the wax paper. Prick the dough with the tip of a fork and place the goat cheese slices at the bottom. Cover with the batter. Add the grated swiss cheese and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Lower the heat to 180° if the batter turns brown too quickly.
- Step 2 When ready, let the pie cool down 5 minutes prior to placing it on your serving dish. You may choose to eat the pie warm, hot or even cool. It may be warmed up easily.