A light, simple and beautiful dish!
Catherine's Mozzarella Beet Salad
atherine's advice is to place the beetroot slices first, wash hands, and then insert the mozzarella (or fresh goat cheese) between the beetroot slices to avoid leaving red traces on the white cheese.
- A few basil leaves
- One baked beetroot
- A ball of mozzarella di bufala campana (choose one genuine origin) or use fresh goat cheese (Petit Billy's type if you can). Catherine's favorite version.
- Fleur de sel or quality salt
- Pepper from the mill
- A dash of olive oil
- A dash of high quality balsamic vinegar
- Step 1 Leave the mozzarella cheese at room temperature for an hour before using it to optimize its taste. Cut the beetroot and the mozzarella ball into regular similar slices to keep it in harmony for the eyes and taste. Wash and dry some basil leaves.
- Step 2 Place the slices alternating the beetroot and the mozzarella into a large regular taste. Spread the basil leaves over this aesthetic red and white combination. Lightly pour olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar on top.
- Step 3 Add Salt and pepper from the mill and serve.