Thank you Gary for the translation 😍
You first buy 2 kilos of blueberries. If you have an opportunity like me pick them from your local farm. If it is not the correct season for this fruit, you can buy frozen blueberries and they will work just fine.
- 2 kgs fresh or frozen blueberry
- 1 lemon juice (80gr)
- 1.500g sugar (light brown or white sugar)
- 1/2 cup water
- citrus seeds or/and peelings of an apple or a pear
- Step 1 Wash the berries and remove all the stems, leaves and unripe fruit. Put them in a large pot with a thick bottom. Add half sugar, the juice of a large lemon (lime is fine too). Put the pot on the stove at a medium heat and whisk regularly . Add in a sachet or pouch the skin of an apple, citrus seeds if you have. They acts as a natural pectin. Prepare the caramel with the rest of sugar and water in a pot over hight heat. Mix constantly, when it’s light brown and liquid put it in the jam. Be careful there may be projections.
- Step 2 After 30 minutes, it may be done. Put the jam in jar.