Apparently, cooking red cabbage is not very popular. That is quite unfortunate because this vegetable is not only delicious, but it also contains excellent nutrients and can be stored in the refrigerator for days… Thank you, Stéphanie, for sharing your red cabbage velouté recipe.
Apple and red cabbage velouté
27 October 2021
: 20 min
: 20 min
: 40 min
Without the sugar and the vinegar, it’s delicious as well. And with a Thermomix, this recipe in done in no time!
- 1 red cabbage (approximately 450 g)
- 2 apples
- 180 g potatoes thinly sliced
- More or less 30 cl chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 TBS red wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 TBS sugar (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bacon bits or smoked bacon chunks
- A food processor
- Step 1 Thinly slice the peeled apples after removing the core. Warm up a large quantity of water in a large pan, add the vinegar and the red cabbage cut in slices as well as the apples. Boil for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. That should take about 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Then, add the chicken or vegetable cube in 50 cl of water and heat up. Drain the vegetables and the fruits when they are done, mix this preparation, and add the broth progressively until the texture is to your liking. Taste, and adjust the seasoning. Add the sugar if you like. It’s ready!